- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- The choices you have and your rights, including how to access and update information.
Changes to data protection law.
The law in relation to data protection changed on 25th May 2018 when the General Data Protection Regulation came into force across the United Kingdom.
1.Who we are and how you can contact us
At Gasago we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of all visitors to our website. When you are using our website Gasago is the data controller (referred to as ‘Gasago’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice). Our registered office is at Compound D, Endeavour Business Park, Crow Arch Lane, Ringwood, BH24 1SF.
2. Where we collect your personal information from
We may collect and store personal data about you when you provide it to us in the following ways:
- When you register an account with us;
- When you contact us over the telephone;
- When you use our website or webchat;
- When you email or send letter to us for any reason;
- When you engage with us on social media;
- If you take part in any competitions or promotions; and
- When you provide feedback on our service.
3. Data we collect when you use our services.
When you contact us in any of the ways outlined above we collect the following personal information:
- Identity data – name, username and title
- Contact data – billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number
- Technical data – your login data, browser type and version and other technology on the devices you use to access our website
- Marketing and communications data – your preferences in receiving marketing information from us (we do not pass information onto any third parties) and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you. This includes details about gender, race, ethnicity to name a few.
4. How we use your personal information
When you purchase goods from us your name, billing address, delivery address, email and contact telephone will be stored on our customer database (act) and accounting database (sage). We use this personal information that you have provided us to fulfil any orders placed with us. If a payment is made by debit or credit card these details are saved on Stripe or PayPal (online payment service) depending on the method you elect to pay with.
We also use personal information to protect our business from fraud and other illegal activities.
If you have given us your consent we will send webnews, newsletters and information about promotions and competitions to your email address. We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver any emailed information. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our digital correspondence. For more information please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to digital correspondence at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of any of our digital correspondence or by contacting us at our registered office.
5. Who we share your personal information with
We do not sell, rent, trade or share any information about you with any other organisations for any purpose.
6. Failing to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with goods and entering into competitions). In this case, we may have to cancel a product you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
7. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised was, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, contractors and third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
8. How long do we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collect it for, including for the purposes of satisfying and legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We may use your personal information to tell you about any relevant goods or services and any upcoming offers. We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages if we have either your consent of a legitimate interest to do so You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time – you just need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use to opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to use as a result of purchasing our goods or services or any other transaction between you and us.
10. Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer (V. Barton) at email@example.com with the subject heading GDPR. We try to respond to all requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request in complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case we will notify you and keep you updated.